Monday, February 23, 2015

CLASSIC ARTWORK BY JIM LEE! WOLVERINE VS OMEGA RED!

I was going through one of my archived folders and I found this classic Marvel artwork of Wolverine vs. Omega Red by Jim Lee. This poster is over 15 years old. Yet it still looks amazing.... the perspective in this master shot is definitely on point. And the fluid presentation of the recoiled strikes helps the viewer to clearly imagine what's about to happen next, in this close-ranged "Adamantium war" .

I've never generated an Influence Map that showed the artists who have had great impacts on me and my art style. But If I ever do so, you can expect to see the likes of Terry Dodson, Joe Mad, Marc Silvestri and Jim Lee on that collage.

Jim Lee is just one of those artists that probably doesn't realize just how good he really is. I once saw in an interview that Jim Lee confessed, from way back in his high school days, that he was voted by his classmates to be "likely to start a comic company". Guess those prophetic words by his peers came to pass, since he became the founder of Wildstorm Comics and he's currently one of the top dogs at DC Comics.




.

.

WEBLINK TO THE NEW $0.99 EBOOK, TITLED "DSNG TALES: UNUSUAL SUSPECT" [Click the Banner below!]