Wednesday, April 19, 2017

CUSTOM MARVEL LEGENDS KILLER FROST TOY BY DSNG!

All right today we will look at another custom action figure. And after two months, I’ve finally completed her. She's Killer Frost from DC Comics!!!
This particular character design is from the animated movie Batman: Assault on Arkham, which was released back in 2014. That cartoon movie was a sort of prequel to the Suicide Squad movie that was released in 2016, since it featured several characters including Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Captain Boomerang, King Shark and a few others.

Honestly Killer Frost [ aka Ms. Louise Lincoln ] was my fav character in the cartoon movie and she’s one of my Top 5 DC Comics characters. Of course Batman, Supes, Harley are in that same list. But I’m really picky about which characters from DC that I really Really like. Killer Frost is a femme fatale and she’s not really a Goth chick, she fits more into the Punk Rock category in my opinion.
 



She has ice powers and she has the ability to absorb heat from external sources and transmute it into waves of cold. And she actually displayed a frosty "kiss of death" in the cartoon movie.

Anyway, I was inspired by the work of another customizer named Anthony’s Customs, who is on Youtube and Facebook. He created his version of Killer Frost back in 2015, and its one of my fav works that he’s ever done.

The base figure that I used is Marvel Legends Captain Marvel [Carol Danvers, shown over Here]. And I had to use putty to sculpt her black lines, and her boobs and booty. And her hair was fully sculpted - so it's hard, and it doesn’t move. The ice spike that I created for her hand was based on the semi-transparent "energy fist effect" that ca,e with the Captain marvel toy. I had to sculpt some sharp points for the spike and them glue them to the top o the energy fist effect. And then I painted the whole thing white and added two shades of blue as highlights. She can stand on her own, but I used the "House of M" toy stand just to aid with balance, as I spun her around for the pics.
The last pic of Killer Frost below is made from screenshots from the Assault on Arkham cartoon movie, in the scene that she was getting dressed.

 



FYI You may have to click on the word-link below that says "Older Posts" to see more pics from the blog archives!


.

.

WEBLINK TO THE NEW $0.99 EBOOK, TITLED "DSNG TALES: UNUSUAL SUSPECT" [Click the Banner below!]