Friday, October 13, 2017

CUSTOM LARA CROFT FROM TOMB RAIDER LEGENDS [MARVEL LEGENDS SCALE] BY DSNG!

This gal is a new custom from 2017. And she is an original design loosely based on the costume in the “Tomb Raider Legends” video game, from 2006 I think. Some fans have said that the new rebooted Tomb Raider [from 2013] seems more like “Lara Crofts daughter” than the true original character, per her looks and personality… anyway, I digress… although I do prefer the original Lara, per her wit, her courage and her attitude.

The base model for my Lara Croft was a hybrid of Marvel Legends Thundra [upper chest and shoes] and Captain Marvel [lower body, arms, thighs and head]. Her Hair was fully sculpted and a small 5mm magnet was used to connect the ponytail to the back of her head. Her boots were fully sculpted as well. Her jacket was fully sculpted along with the collar and the t-shirt. I also gave her a larger bust and a bigger butt. My custom, my choice.

Inserted within the core of her long hair is…. Craftwire, bent and shaped like an “S”. That was the embedded skeleton to guide my sculpting process. And then I used Green Stuff [the Warhammer40K standard putty, which comes as blue and yellow segments] to sculpt her long ponytail, since that putty is actually like Procreate putty in its bendable nature; but it is actually far more sticky than Procreate. And the other popular putty that I used for making her body enhancements is Milliputty, which hardens solid and doesn’t bend when it has fully cured, after like 3 hours. And Tamiya paints were used to color her.

    

    
   
   



   


The gun holster came from Nick Fury, while the four other handguns came from the Casting Cave website – I highly recommend that site for buying your weapons, unless you sculpt / create them yourself, which I often do. I actually modified / upgraded her two extra silver-toned handguns, holstered at her hips – initially, they were as small as the black ones held in her hands in the first pic. 

The cool axe latched upon her back was bought from a guy in China, via ebay. And I created her thigh straps from rubberbands, before painting them. I also created her thigh-latched gun holsters, using cardboard that I folded, before wrapping them with duct-tape. Obviously my Lara Croft custom is thick / voluptuous; yet she stands very well, despite her special underlying boot-threads, designed for her hiking adventures. I had to sculpt that feature as well, but it was a fun project. Thanks for checking her out! And stay tuned for more!


.

.

WEBLINK TO THE NEW $0.99 EBOOK, TITLED "DSNG TALES: UNUSUAL SUSPECT" [Click the Banner below!]